A “scarred” funeral director talks about the toys he’ll never let her have children play with it now eye-opening TikTok does it’s going viral.
Mortician and mother @lovee.miss.lauren When he uploaded the PSA to his account in time, it garnered over 5.7 million views, 722,000 likes and 10,000 comments.
Now, like most TikTok went viral to reveal what could happen when sleep with your bedroom door closedLauren’s video is sending shivers down the spines of parents around the world.
“I practically grew up doing funerals manand a lot of funeral directors will say that child deaths are the hardest deaths we’ve ever had to deal with,” Lauren said.
“When you’re a parent, you feel overprotective of your children because you know what can happen in the blink of an eye.”
Then TikTok – and rising rapidly tracking video — Lauren lists the following toys as prohibited in her home:
One string everything
Tooth extraction necklaces
Toys with magnets
The American Academy of Pediatrics supports Loren’s warnings. According to the website, water absorbent gel beads when exposed to water it can grow up to 200 times its size, resulting in dangerous obstructions that cannot be detected by x-rays when swallowed or placed in the ears.
toys with loose thread, string, ribbon or cord – especially when ropes are longer than 12 inches, such as pull-on toys or ropes – can pose a dangerous strangulation hazard to children.
Teething necklacesclothing that can cause suffocation or suffocation should never be worn by small children. Instead, parents should massage their children’s gums or remove hard rubber teeth rings not frozen.
Button batteries — found in items such as music cards, toys, remote controls, thermometers, hearing aids, calculators, bathroom scales, key fobs, cameras and holiday decorations — can cause serious injury or death if swallowed.
Trampoline Use has long been banned by the AAP because serious injuries can occur even with padding and inserts in place.
Magnetsif swallowed, tissue can become trapped between them, resulting in fatal injuries.
Fidget spinnerswhether plastic or metal, often contain small parts and/or batteries that can pose a choking hazard.
Hammockswhether intended for small children or toys, they can wrap around little ones’ necks and result in suffocation.
Lauren isn’t the only TikToker pleading with parents to remove dangerous toys from their homes. Reese’s goal It went online in 2020 warn parents about deadly button batteriesand That Lady with the Water Beads Since 2017, he has been working hard to educate families the dangers of water beads.
‘I can’t imagine what you see’
Thousands of TikTokers responded to Lauren’s PSAs and shared their own scary experiences.
“I’m an ER nurse and I have the saddest button battery story. People should keep them away from children farts! Very sad,” one user wrote.
“Answering 911 calls all day made me the same! A lot of things can hurt little ones!” said another.
“Like a former hospital chaplain… YUP,” agreed one user.
“I can see how valid all of this is. I can’t imagine what you’re seeing 🥺”, one user empathized.
“This video can save many lives. Thanks for enlightening these for us berries❤️🩹”, another user wrote.
Parents wondering if their children’s toys are safe or looking to research potential Christmas gifts this holiday season can apply. Consumer Product Safety Commission website or HealthyChildren.org.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
Mail Mortician mum reveals toys she’ll never let her kids have: ‘Call me the Grinch’ appeared first In knowing.
More from In The Know:
Shocking TikTok reveals what can happen when you sleep with your bedroom door closed: ‘New fear unlocked’
Mother pleads with parents to check home for potentially deadly button batteries: ‘Save our babies’
The 10 best steals and deals from The North Face’s Black Friday sale
30% off necklaces, rings, earrings and more at Kendra Scott’s Black Friday sale
Leave a Comment